Tuesday 22 May 2012

Will my husband/wife Change?

When I was younger, I was not like the average young lady who dream about their future wedding. I often looked at married couples who eventually divorce and asked myself what went wrong. How can someone be married for just 2 or so years and divorce, aren't they still suppose to be enjoying the bliss of marriage? How can someone be married for 20+ years and divorce, aren't they suppose to have learnt to live with each other by then? Now I have heard the many reasons why people divorce but somehow there were still some things I could not understand. Hence, marriage was not on my list, but now I am married.

I have a wonderful marriage and I am super happy with my husband. There are so many things I enjoy some that are very simple. For examples, I love the fact that, after I am dressed to go somewhere, he looks at me and if there is anything to fix or straighten with my clothes. I would feel his hand fixing it. I love our conversations and the things we have in common. Last night, I fell asleep before him and some time in the night, I heard him praying for me and his hands was upon me and I appreciated it.

 Have I ever wondered if he would change? Yes, but I dont have the answer to that question and I don't know who does. If we know these things our decision might be different. So instead of living my life as if things would change, I live my life enjoying each blissful moment with my husband. I have placed my relationship in the hands of God and in the mean time I follow some basic rules:

  • I do not leave God outside of my marriage. I try my best to follow and apply the scriptures to my life
  • Wives submit unto your husband as to the Lord.
  • Divorce is NOT an option
  • Know when to shut up and listen
  • Treat your husband as a King, surely he will treat me as a queen
  • Communicate, but do not argue
  • I remember to praise and thank my husband for the good things he does
  • I do not bottle up my feelings in my heart. He knows when I am happy, upset, disappoint, unpleased etc
  • I do not expect him to read my mind
Forgiveness is the Key to Happiness in the Home
“And be kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:32
“Love suffers long, and is kind; love does not envy; love does not promote itself, is not puffed up, does not behave badly, seeks not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails” 1Corinthians 13:4-8


Love is Awesome

2 comments:

  1. Another very interesting share from Jazzy! Girl i enjoy reading these things. I must admit that sometimes i keep my annoyance, anger or disappointment in ,until it becomes too much and then is when i tell my husband. Then there are other times when i tell him something over and over, then he still does not do it or help. Its the little things i love about our marriage, but some little things make me get upset as well. How do i communicate fully to get my point across & still not get angry? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Smoochie. There is nothing wrong with getting angry and it will happen. The bible says, Be angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath. It shows that we are allowed to get angry, but there are times that we would get angry and we know that if we open our mouth then we may sin, at that time you keep quiet, but you must speak. However, if something makes you happen during that time, maybe your husband does something good, it does not mean that you should ignore what he has just done or the situation may just repeat it self and your would get angrier. So it is up to you to make him understand that you are serious. I do not know the character of your husband, but the fact is he loves you and so he would listen. Be clear about what is affecting and more so how and specific about how it makes you feel and if you have spoken about before it, tell him that and what you think that means. The fact that he cares for you and loves you, he wouldn't want to see your hurt or angry. So be clear, be specific and talk.

      Delete