Thursday 24 May 2012

Is arguing communicating?

I have heard about the argument, the make up sex etc and I wonder at the end of the arguing, apart from the make-up sex, what have been accomplished? Is arguing communicating?

In looking at that question, we might asked ourselves what is arguing? Now I can go and look up a definition and bring it back to you, but I am not going to do that. I am sure we have all been apart of or observe what has so popularly became embedded in our minds as an argument. So based on this, my question to you is, is arguing communicating? I am sure that you have heard statements like arguing is good for the relationship etc. What are your views on this?

I have found a very interesting article entitled, "How to communicate during an arugment:7 Quick Rules http://www.estestherapy.com/resources/advice-articles/how-to-communicate-during-an-argument-7-quick-rules

What is interesting about this article is that this is the introduction:

As a San Diego relationship and couples counselor, I frequently run into couples who argue often. I never recommend arguing...never.  Instead I recommend couples reaching for one another and resolving the issue in a loving discussion.  If you have found yourself caught in an ongoing cycle of arguing, back and back bickering, and sometimes even yelling, you might want to take a proactive stance and try to decrease the battles.  Here are some quick tips to decrease the extent of damage the emotional blows do to the relationship bond




Maybe you might be interested in reading further in the article as it goes on to give you the 7 rules to communicate during an argument, even after such an introduction, but based on your experiences or current mode of thinking, what are your views? Is arguing communicating and if so what is arguing?

4 comments:

  1. I THINK IN RELATIONSHIP WHERE COMMUNICATION IS POOR,I BELIEVE IN THIS * IF WE CANT SIT AMICABLY AND TALK ABOUT THINGS ARGUE THE POINT ACROSS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you saying that it is best to argue if the communication in the relationship is poor? In that case, what are the reasons you think that the communication is poor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THATS WHAT WORKS FOR ME, *LISTENING* MAJOR PROBLEM FOR BAD COMMUNICATION.THE START OF MOST ARGUMENT.DONT WANT TO ELABORATE ON THIS MIGHT BECOME AN ESSAY..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish you can elaborate regardless of the essay so I can better understand where you are coming from. I am getting that you are saying that it works for you to argue, but I am not sure I understand why. Is it that the other person is not listening or you are not listening...Please say more

      Delete