Tuesday 15 May 2012

The essence of my relationship with my husband

Do you remember how you met your spouse? Did you think that you would have been together today?
When I  got married, I was asked to present my story to the UWI Connect Magazine because it was because of my husband and I tenure at UWI why we met...hmmm

Well for one thing if I have never attended UWI, I would have never met my husband, so I guess that's a plus there but I need to big up Facebook to. Read on and you would know why...

I actually met my husband at a hockey match between UWI and UTECH, for which he was representing UWI. At that time, it was what you would called just a flirt...I was close to the end of my tenure at UWI and so I never know would could have been then lol...However that summer he added me on facebook :) Yep and so the story of Rahsaan and Rose-Ann began... So thumbs up to social media... We click on every level. I never laugh so much and feel at ease with someone. We knew however that we were distance apart and well it was social media...Can you really know someone on it? Well that is a question for you. For me, I  returned to Jamaica for further studies and well then if what we started is real then it would last. Things just got sweeter. What is right about us?

  1. If at any point in your relationship you find yourself acting, then something is WRONG!. We are comfortable with each other for everything. Here are some silly things people pretend with: the way they eat and how much they eat, the things they like or dislike or the way we laugh (trying to stifle it or something). In some cases we pretend to put forward a certain image or to say we have some things in common. If you are thinking LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP, then don't bother with that. What is in the dark must come to light so be yourself so that when your husband smiles, you know it is real and you caused it. My mother-in-law referred to us as 2 peas in a pod.
  2. We can talk about anything and everything. How about you? There are some relationships where persons have a great problem with this. For example, a Christian couple who cannot talk about God or pray together and they are both Christians, yet they feel awkward. I know I have experienced that before and looking back, I guess it was telling me something. I have been in church where I see persons who are normally actively singing, praising, clapping etc, sit down because they brought their spouse that Sunday. Think about it.
  3. My husband normally say that I am not a normal woman lol. Even my brothers would say that lol I have been hearing that long time. For example, I love action and martial arts movies and I dont like dramas. I don't like Life time lol Television for women. The thing is with that we share the same likes in movies and it makes it easy when choosing movies to watch. What do you have in common? Remember too that what might make you wrong for someone else, makes you right for another.
  4. We complement each other. I love to chat and he is very quiet. Someone must always listen when the other speaks. It is easy for me to listen when my husband speaks because it is like music to my ears as he does not talk much and because he finds me interesting lol I never bore him to death. The thing is communication is key to a relationship. Two talkative persons can work, but the skill of listening must be developed so that at some point in the conversation one is willing to listen
  5. We both love to laugh and when we start, at times is the floor holding us. It is just us two and we are enjoying it. Do you know how much stress laughing takes out a relationship? I love to talk nonsense and he loves to hear it. Who is the comic in the relationship? What is the essence of your relationship?

8 comments:

  1. Soo, hypothetically speaking of course, what do u do when ur crush is 18 and u're 21, short and dark, while u r huge and taller, and has dreams that would take him out of ur life for let's say 2 years but u love him bad bad and u know he reciprocates...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the age and the physique is not a big deal if it doesn't bother both of you. What matters is really what exist between you two, whether it is real and how far you are willing to go to maintain it? Separation I personally believes test a relationship so I dont see it as a bad thing but 2 years is long so what are the channels of communication during that time. I can tell you my husband and I were separated for about 14 months. We see each other for like a 2 weeks during that time. Now we lived on the internet during that time from sun up to sun down literally. We both had webcam and we build our activities around the distance for example playing internet games together or watch the same movie at the same time...It was crazy but it was also love because we never got tired or fed up during that. I would say put pen to paper. Write what currently exists between you to? What you like about him, what he likes about you, what do you share...etc Figure out if it is worth holding up life for 2 years and then take it from there

      Delete
    2. Boomblast... sounds like a plan... tunx girl :D

      Delete
  2. Awwe i love how you two met, sounds like when me and collin met in Community College in 2001. The essence of our relationship/marriage has been the things we have in common, we love eating out so we have date night, we love going to the cinema to watch comedy movies. The little love notes and letters, and poems we write each other, it keeps the love flowing. Makes us both feel appreciated by each other. We like quiet time together to do what we want, without people banging on our front door. People tells us we were "meant to be" and when we got engaged they said "it was about time". We took our time though, went with things at our own pace, & God kept us through! It is very important we put God in our marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice and I believe these are things that you have to try your best to maintain so that you relationship doesn't get boring. Let your relationship continue to strive on creativity

      Delete
  3. May God continuet to bless your marriage and use your experiences to encourage others! I do enjoy reading your blogs. Keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I love the name lol Thank you prettypearl and all the best to you. Ill keep trying to find interesting topics to blog about :)

      Delete