Monday 14 May 2012

Who attracts us...Are they right for us

When I was younger, a certain type of man attracted me. QUIET, HANDSOME, TALL men. It really did not matter how they dress, their status in terms of money, if they drive a car etc. My key characteristic was they are quiet. Even then, we would talk about whether they are shy or sly. I love a man who I had to read and question their thoughts, for me it was like conquering a puzzle. Well I marry one such quiet man, but he was not my first relationship.

Some women love 'bad boys'. Is it that they want someone who would abuse them in their life? I doubt it but sometimes in wanting the 'macho' man we end up with the abuser. So I ask the question...Do you think the person who attract us is always right for us?

3 comments:

  1. Attraction is a funny thing, it can come in all forms! No the person who attract us is not always right for us at all. As teenager I was attracted to this guy who was going to St.Martins secondary, my parents never liked him really, as they started hearing rumours that he was following bad company and was smoking. It was all true in the end. Now he plants weed! So he was not right for me at alllllllllll. Lucky thing it was only an innocent attraction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surely agree. the persons you like when you are a teenager changed as you grow up and that is what people need to understand. When they think they are in love and can hardly find any good reason why they are so in love and when all they could talk about is how fine he look etc, those things can build a long term relationship. I would say though it is necessary to be attracted to someone, which I would say doesnt have to be physical, it is also important to note that attractiveness is just one quality and who attracts you might not be right for you.

      Delete
  2. Oh boy young people are attracted to all sorts, some may make their parents get grey hair faster than they might think. Your community college daughter in love with the dirty smelly conductor who is - sheesh a womaniser.

    Your teenage son in a love relationship with a woman old enough to be his mother is enough to get one off the rockers

    However as persos mature good sense usually prevails and better choices are made

    ReplyDelete