Sunday 22 July 2012

Nature Lover: Natural Therapy for All

Maybe it is because I am a Geographer, but there is something about landscapes; mountains, hills and valleys, beaches and oceans that just make me happy and satisfy with simply living. I visited the community of Fancy in St.Vincent and the Grenadines recently to conduct some field research and though it was tiresome going to different households, the best part was photographing different aspects of the landscape even those unrelated to my research.


Sunset (Fancy)
Coconut palms waving in the breeze, with the rushing oceans beneath, during the day, then as the evening sun sets there was a splendour of colours and I fell in love with the beauty. How can I live outside of the Caribbean, I thought, and should I leave for work, how long can I stay away? Cascading mountains with its green lush vegetation, mangoes and oranges, avocados and sweet potatoes...yes country life, real sweet. I remember my childhood running up and down hills, climbing plumrose and plum trees and where I can't climb, I ask people to throw down one for me. The years I'll never trade even though my childhood was never perfect. Those days I pay little attention to the beauty of the hillside and the moutains, but I knew without them I could not have looked back today and say what a wonderful childhood I had.

Owia mountain view
Then I travel back to Owia, just before Fancy  just for a day and I felt free; free from the hustle and bustle of city life, free from work, free my problems and burdens. The man who farm impressed me because it was he who climbed the mountains and hills daily and push his fingers through the dirt that produce the fruits and other food I eat. It was him who sat on the mountain top and can look down on the village and enjoy the view or take in the fresh breeze that is so much different than when you are at the bottom. I went to the Salt Pond and I was alone and I was happy. I took pictures of the fishes in the pond, the birds that flew, the water beating on the rocks and again the mountains that surround it. So I bathe in the pond and from the pond I went to the river and bathe as if I was reliving my childhood and for those moments spent in the country side I was happy. I am a nature lover. 
Owia Saltpond
 Maybe you never take time out before just to enjoy what is around you. Take a look and free your mind of all your thoughts and emotions, think only of enjoying what is before you, Breathe slowly and deeply, Smell the flower, Concentrate on the landscape...Don't you feel the difference? Just as the birds of the air do not worry about tomorrow, what they should eat etc, Why should you? Pay attention to the natural therapy offered by what is around you.



N.B. All photos are original. Be sure to like our page.


2 comments:

  1. Nature is lovely! The way it comes alive when you take a picture is breathtaking. When i look at these pictures ,i say wow creation is awesome. God is awesome!!!

    Sometimes i like to just go outside in the park and sit and look around me ,the green landscape, the birds chirping,its all so peaceful!!! Then I am ever so thankful for life, thankful for sight to be able to see the picturesque beauty of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true especially what you saying about it coming alive when you take a picture. Can you believe that sunset is in Fancy? The countryside is soooo pretty and relaxing.

      Delete