Friday 8 June 2012

Ungrateful Picknies (children)

Today I see some ungrateful children filled with pride and it upsets me. 

Poor Parents
http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/

Your parents struggle to send you to school, make sure you eat even though they might now, dress you as best as they could even though they could not dress themselves as good and yet you are ungrateful. You look at what other parents are giving to their kids and what you 'should' be getting, but are not getting and you resent your parents. You do not want them to come school to visit you even for parents day because what they wear would not be good enough. Your friends would laugh and talk. You see them coming up the road and you dodge in to a store or you cross the street, anything to avoid them. PRIDE!!! 



Middle Class and Rich Parents
http://www.kissingtheleper.com/2010_11_14_archive.html
Your parents give you the world. You get your license from the time you turn age to drive and they even bought you a car for your birthday. You were given birthday parties ever since you know yourself. You have your own room (yes, from some persons it is a luxury they cannot afford). They pay your education, sometimes in full, straight to university. Yet....For the one or two times they cannot give you what you WANT, you are upset. You are quick to call the police because they hit you, not abuse you. You drink, smoke and do drugs because of the freedom you are afforded, without thinking or caring about how you are hurting them. Maybe your parents don't even care, you think afterall they are working all the time, not spending enough time with you. Would you be willing to give up a few of your luxuries for more time with your parents? You curse them and lock them out of your room (in their own house if i might add), with no concern as to who is around or how your parents would be embarrassed, then again that might just have been your intention.


My thoughts

Pride and ungratefulness!!! While there are parents out there who have not done anything for their children and others not only did nothing, but added abuse to their style of parenting, you who are in a complete different situation should be humble and grateful. I have an alcoholic father who when the rum is in the wit is definitely out, but no matter how drunk he is, once I see him Ill go up to him.It could be in the city on a bus, in church (yes he comes there too even when he is drunk), wherever. Some times people would say to him, you have big daughter and behaving so. I never care what my friends or people think or would say and still don't. I knew how hard my parents worked to make us happy and even when the negatives were there, I chose to concentrate on the positives, the good they have done. I also understand their position. If they had more, they would have given me and I live my life trying to make some thing of myself so that I can make them happy. I never hear the I love you etc like what some children have committed suicide for (think they parents do not love them) because I know from the mere fact that they were providing for my needs they had some love for me;  Luke 11:11If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he asks for a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?"

No comments:

Post a Comment