Wednesday 27 June 2012

Gossipers should be jailed.

http://www.cvillechurch.com/Articles2010/
Article_Gossip-VerbalSlaughter.htm
In very different settings and time period, I played a game where there is a line of people and then one person is being told something and it is passed on from person to person in the line until the last person got the information and is asked to repeat it. I cannot remember the name of it, but I know that at the end, the message passed on changed tremendously and that is the lesson we were to learn.

Gossiping is a very serious issue, very much like perjury on a witness stand to me as it at times hurt very innocent people. There are some people who live to gossip and can never enter a conversation without using the words "Yo na hear..." (translate- "haven't you heard"). These people are to literally run from. Shout out your hello from a yonder and do not stop. I remember hearing a good friend of mines made this statement one time, "Take the gossip out of the conversation and there is nothing to talk about." So true for many people. These persons are generally persons with no life, nothing better to do and who quick to take out the 'nampy' out of other people eyes and didn't look in the mirror  to remove the set that are in theirs. The conversation never involves them, but is deeply embedded in other persons' business. It is not where you use a person's life as an example while discussing a possible social issue or problem. No! It is where you enjoying talking about and finding out the status about somebody and the information is for your own gratification. You have no intention of helping and your empathy, if present, is highly hypocritical.

Gossippers seem soulless at times. They end their conversations with "na (don't) say me say or you na hear it from me" with little to no regard at times to who would be affected. If someone told me that such person has been speaking negative of me or accusing me of something, I often approach the person and I hate to say "don't worry about that" when the asked who told me so. Why shouldn't I be able to call your name? If someone is going to tell me something and they do not want me to call their names and at times even suggest not to approach the person whom they have accused of saying negative things about me, I often say it is best you keep the information to yourself. What good is it to me then?  I can end up keeping someone malice, resenting them or cursing them based on information that I am not sure about. That it is also why it is important that if you should listen to a gossiper that you approach the other person by giving them the benefit of the doubt as there are two sides to a story. 

www.facebook.com
Gossipers have resulted in the break-up of relationship between couples. I often say to people if someone is going to warn me about my husband, for example saying he is cheating, they better come with photos or concrete evidence. And I do not mean photos of him talking to a girl, he is allowed to talk to females, just like I am allow to freely talk to males and I do not want to hear how often you see him with a particular female. Mind your own business. I am not going to harass my husband based on gossip and hear-say. I trust him enough to know that I would stay in the dark and enjoy my marriage until I see the concrete evidence. 

The bible speaks out against gossip:

Proverbs 16:28 

A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.

Proverbs 20:19 

Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.

1 Timothy 5:13 

Besides that, they learn to be idlers, going about from house to house, and not only idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying what they should not.

No comments:

Post a Comment