Sunday 24 June 2012

Fathers day gift from Beyonce to Jay-Z...

I just read an article about Beyonce giving her husband a $40MILLION JET for father's day. Wow!! I read the comments following the article and my mind became a jungle. Do I want to be come rich? Is that how rich people live? Would I live the same? A lot of the comments had to do with amount of poor and hungry people in the world and the ads on television stating how much a 15cents per day can do. Comments even alluded to Beyonce's Christianity, asking what will Jesus do while suggesting how much that money could have done. In response, someone stated Christians do the same thing, while another asked "Have you seen Billy Graham's pad?"

I look at my own life and my desire to become rich. Would I be willing to give greatly out of the abundance I have? Moreover would I be willing to give it all up so that all those who are suffering can have food on their tables and a place to lay their heads? When the rich, Christian/non-Christian, gives, what are their thoughts...do they feel that they are giving a lot, do they try to give a lot without affecting their luxurious living,   do they have an attitude of 'beggars are not choosers', is it with a humble heart and a contrite spirit or in an effort to grow in fame having their names advertise of the world saying they have given this much to the 'Third World Nation'? If the man who has only 2 bread give one and the one who has 10 give one because he is securing for the future, which gives better?

I look at my life again and I wondered, what would I do different? Do I deserve to be rich as Godly as I feel I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment