Thursday 21 June 2012

Big man, really? All that is big about him is his age!!!

The problem I have with big men is when they start acting like little boys. In my years of dating, I dated guys both older and younger than me. Initially, I had issues dating guys younger. In my heart, I felt they were immature, irresponsible and just have what I deemed as a young boy mentality and so I stick to guys that were either my age or older. So when you date older men though, you have certain expectations; things you feel they should know, ways in which you think they should behave. The worst thing that can happen is finding a man who is only big in AGE, nothing else. Have you encounter such persons? You refuse from understanding their behaviour because you just do not think that at their age you should be teaching them or talking to them about things they should know. Now I am no longer dating, but I am observing and maybe it is only me, but sometimes I walk the street and look at some guys who were already big men (age wise) and I ask myself why doesn't he grow up. Who are these men?
  • The men who can only date school girls and so every year they look at school girls pass 'jail' age and when these graduate from high school or college, they no longer want them. They seek the new ones.
  • The men who, though they are in good jobs, all they have next to their names is a good looking vehicle and maybe some cash in the bank, still living with their mothers and seem to have this intention for the rest of their lives. No house and no preparations to build one, even when they are with you.
  • The men who seems to have a 'hen mentality'. Sit on the eggs, but when they are hatched, they disappeared. They have many kids, sometimes impregnating different girls at the same times and in spite of their inability or refusal to take care of the previous kids, they continue. No future goals.
  • At the University of the West Indies (Jamaica)- they guys who graduated so long, some of them cannot remember the years, but still hang around places like the Union after work, present at every freshers fete, drinking and talking nonsense, like babies clinging to their mothers, afraid to let go. 
  • And finally and it is my own personal bias... dress your age. I just hate see big men have on certain clothes, for example, blue and white sneakers with a blue hat, a blue t'shirt and a pencil foot jeans drop below his butt showing off vest and boxers and earring in both ears. Grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment